Do you dream of going on a weekend when it sings to you? Riding in a mobile home with your little family along the Belgian coast? Know that there is a mobilhome for any budget and that different means of financing are available. Here are our tips.
A mobilhome for each budget
Depending on your budget you can choose a new or used mobile home. The price of a mobile home varies according to the make of the vehicle, the model, the engine, the surface area and other characteristics.
- Occasion : If you want to offer a quality mobile home, but you have a limited budget, you can opt for a second hand mobile home. There are many garages and specialty stores that sell in very good condition. You can also visit websites, where private individuals resell their mobile homes. The price is important, but we must also check that the vehicle is in good condition.
- New : In the entry level you will find a mobilhome from 35,000 euros, but the average price varies between 50,000 and 60,000 euros. Of course, everything depends on the options you choose. The most luxurious mobile homes can reach exorbitant amounts. It’s up to you to know what you really need.
Read also our article: Which credit to choose according to my needs?
- Rental : Before you buy, you can rent a mobile home for the weekend. This will allow you to test a first stay and see if it really suits you before taking the plunge. In low season, renting a basic mobile home for 4 people runs around 400 euros per week. Feel free to use your credit card for any online transaction; it may contain insurance to protect your online payments but also technical assistance that will prove useful when renting a vehicle.
Read also: The 3 best credit cards for online shopping
If you are considering the purchase of a mobile home, you can go to the Mobicar trade fair, the international caravan and mobile home trade fair, which will open its doors from 20 to 25 October 2016. You will discover new models as well as new trends in the sector. It is also an opportunity to inform you of the various exhibitors present.
The various expenses
Freedom is priceless, will you say? Nothing is less sure. If you want to buy a mobile home, whether new or used, you must realize that this is a certain investment. Here is a small list of fees to consider:
- The purchase price ;
- The insurance ;
- The circulation tax;
- Interviews and technical controls;
- Parking lots and pitches
What is the adapted loan?
You have found the mobile home that suits you, but you do not have the cash to finance it? Know that there are 3 possible forms of financing for this purchase: installment sale, personal loan or car loan.
- Installment sale : When you buy a new mobilhome from a dealer, the seller can offer you a sale with payment facilities, such as the granting of a loan. In this case, we are talking about an installment sale. This type of credit generally offers lower rates, but requires a certain down payment that varies depending on the dealer.
- Personal loan : If the conditions of the dealer do not suit you or if you want to buy a used mobile home, you can apply for a personal loan from a financial institution. A personal loan does not require an advance payment or proof of purchase. On the other hand, rates for personal loans are generally higher than for other loans.
As well as: 5 most frequently asked questions about the personal loan
- Car loan : Finally, it remains the car loan. It usually offers a higher interest rate than a personal loan because the car serves as collateral with the bank. However, you must provide an invoice or purchase order to justify your credit application. Some banks also allow you to borrow up to% of the purchase amount so that you can cover other expenses, such as insurance. However, not all car loans take mobile homes into account. It is therefore necessary to find out about the conditions with your bank. To give you an example: you want to borrow an amount of 30,000 euros over a period of 36 months. BXY Bank’s Mobile Home Loan under 2 years is the most advantageous. You repay 856 euros per month with an APR of 1.75%.
Whatever loan you choose, you must inform yourself of your rights and obligations when you subscribe. Remember that borrowing money also costs money. In addition, the bank will review the status of your financial situation and other outstanding debts to determine if you can repay this new loan.